The operational and governance complexities of recapitalizing pooled funds were a primary driver of the liability-driven investment (LDI) market crisis last year, the Work and Pensions Committee (WPC) has heard.
In the second session of the fourth formal meeting of the WPC's inquiry into defined benefit pensions with LDI - held this morning (1 February) - the committee heard evidence from Bank of England (...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date