A quarter of pension savers over 55 are at risk of triggering the money purchase annual allowance (MPAA) as AJ Bell calls for an increase of the allowance from £4,000 to £10,000.
In a letter from HM Treasury economic secretary Andrew Griffith to AJ Bell head of retirement policy Tom Selby, the government said it estimates that 25% of occupational defined contribution pensio...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date