Over £25bn of retirement benefits was insured via bulk annuity purchases in 2022, according to data from Legal & General (L&G) Group’s global pension risk transfer (PRT) monitor.
The research - compiled by the company's PRT businesses, including L&G Retirement Institutional, (LGRI) - revealed approximately £12bn of benefits was secured in the first half of the year, followe...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date