Bank of England (BofE) monetary policy committee member Swati Dhingra has called for a stop to additional rate hikes, as they could have a damaging effect in the medium term.
In her speech given at the Resolution Foundation, Dhingra argued that monetary policy usually takes around a year to affect inflation. And with interest rates having already risen by 390 basis poin...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date