The government has announced plans to issue a further £10bn of green gilts in 2023-24 in today's Spring Budget (15 March).
The UK's first green gilt was issued in September 2021 as part of the government's green financing programme, with a maturity of July 2033. The launch marked the largest inaugural green issuance by...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date