The government’s plan to accelerate the increase to the state pension age (SPA) has been postponed with a decision now due after the next general election.
Work and pensions secretary Mel Stride today (30 March) confirmed there would be no change to the current legislative schedule for increases. The SPA is currently 66 and is set to increase to 67 by...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date