Defined benefit (DB) pension scheme surpluses could be used to improve overall pensions wealth, according to figures from PwC.
PwC's buyout index showed a £40bn increase in surpluses to £160bn in April, as a result of a rise in long-term bond yields leading to a fall in estimated buyout costs, and asset values remaining th...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date