Yesterday morning Labour turned up the heat on the cost-of-living debate announcing consumers would pay “not a penny more” on their energy bills this winter.
The party's aim is to save the average household £1,000 a year and this would, in part, be paid for through an additional tax for oil and gas companies. Whatever your view of a windfall tax, Lab...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date