Pension scheme asset values have in general fallen substantially over the past few months as interest rates and gilt yields have risen, with a 20-year gilt worth about 30% less today than a year ago.
Of course, these higher yields have also reduced pension liabilities. Pension schemes whose liabilities are not fully hedged are likely to have seen material funding gains over the past few mont...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date