Aside from the new scheme Funding Code, arguably the most significant consideration for trustees is understanding how to manage the risks to schemes from ESG factors, particularly climate-related risk where trustees may already have a legal duty to make public disclosures.
Since 1 October 2022, schemes with assets of £1bn or more are now in scope for ‘The Occupational Pension Schemes (Climate Change Governance and Reporting) Regulations 2021' (OPS21). This places a l...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date