Jenny Blinch talks to Christopher J. Ailman, CIO of CalSTRS, about the big investment themes of the next few years and the unique complexities of running a public fund in the US
Jenny Blinch: Has 2006's Pension Protection Act and the debate around accounting standards had much impact on CalSTRS? Christopher J. Ailman: It has, because we have a lot of private equity and ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date