EUROPE - Additional reforms of pension policy, particularly increasing the retirement age, will be needed in several countries due to the danger posed by expected demographic changes, an interim report by the EU Council said.
According to EU data life expectancy for men will increase by 8.5 years and by 6.9 years for women over the next fifty years. The increased longevity will push the public pension expenditure up by ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date