US - Laurence Fink, chairman and chief executive of BlackRock, said billions of assets could flow into perpetual preferred shares issued by European banks looking to recapitalise as they face more stringent capital requirements.
Speaking on an earnings call with analysts yesterday, he said perpetual preferred shares are not currently counted towards tier one capital in Europe, but he hopes that will change as banks lobby r...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date