SPAIN - Spain's pension overhaul will be "as ambitious" as the government's initial proposal, which included an increase in the retirement age, Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero has said.
The Socialist government has said the Cabinet will approve the pension bill on January 28, a year after it first proposed raising the retirement age to 67 from 65 and increasing the number of years...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date