The government is looking into exit fees levied on people cashing in their defined contribution (DC) pots, but has as yet no plans to intervene, says Steve Webb.
"We are not overwriting the rules of existing schemes," the pensions minister told the House of Commons yesterday, responding to questions posed by the opposition. "But we are talking to the ind...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date