US - Hedge fund managers have downplayed any negative effects the US government's plans to curb bank activities with hedge funds could have on pension fund investors, saying many of those cut adrift from banks could set themselves up independently.
Last month, President Barack Obama also proposed stopping banks investing in or running private equity funds. (Global Pensions; January 22, 2009) The practitioners added that his final goal, ban...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date