The government has rejected the Treasury Committee's call for fundamental and incremental changes to pensions tax relief, noting there is "no clear consensus".
HM Treasury said it was aware that any changes to the pensions tax relief regime, such as moving to a flat rate, could have a "significant impact" on pension schemes, employers, and individuals. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date