SPAIN - Fonditel, the pension fund manager for Spanish telecoms giant Telefónica, is reviewing ways it can reposition the firm in order to boost returns going forward.
Spokesman Alberto Martinez said: "2008 was a bad year and the fund is studying ways to remain on top." In 2008, the fund lost 26.86%, according to local media reports. Fonditel runs €3.1bn (US$4...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date