SPAIN - Spain needs an "urgent" overhaul of its pension system and may have to raise taxes to tame the euro-region's third-biggest deficit and avoid a jump in corporate borrowing costs, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development said.
The Spanish government is making "progress towards sustainability" of its public finances, although some measures need to be "spelled out," the Paris-based group said in a report. The tax burden is...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date