SPAIN - Spanish Labor Minister Valeriano Gomez is set to meet with union leaders today to negotiate an overhaul of the pension system as the Socialist government seeks to avoid a second general strike.
Gomez will meet with the leaders of Spain's two largest unions, Comisiones Obreras, or CCOO, and Union General de Trabajadores today, a CCOO spokesman said. They will discuss government plans to...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date