The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) has proposed amendments to its FRS102 accounting standard to address fears an overhaul of reporting standards will add millions to corporate liabilities.
The had been fears FRS102 would force private companies in the UK to book their defined benefit (DB) pension obligations along the lines of IFRIC 14, the international standard that applies to list...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date