Hackney Council's pension fund committee has agreed to endorse a series of recommendations on dealing with fossil fuel and climate change issues after facing mounting pressure from a campaign group.
At a special meeting on divestment on 28 January the committee agreed to add a dedicated fossil fuel investment section to the fund's investment strategy statement, which will outline a formal comm...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date