The government's white paper on defined benefit (DB) sustainability may include a heavy focus on scheme consolidation, benefit simplification and The Pensions Regulator's (TPR) powers, a senior civil servant has hinted.
The DWP is "interested in consolidation as a solution" to a range of problems faced by DB schemes, including underfunding and employer sustainability. The white paper, which will be published "l...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date