Closing the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) to future accrual would have "serious consequences" and alternative approaches should be explored, the University of Warwick's vice-chancellor has said.
In a blog post written on the university's website, Professor Stuart Croft criticised the "conservative approach" adopted by USS for its valuation and called for "greater understanding and explanat...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date