The UK inflation rate fell from 10.1% in March to 8.7% in April, driven by a drop in energy and gas prices.
However, core Consumer Prices Index (CPI), which excludes energy and food prices, rose from 6.2% to 6.8% last month, reaching the highest level in 30 years. After April 2022 saw energy prices s...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date