SPAIN - Assets under management (AUM) of pension funds falling under the individual system category increased by 6.9% in 2009 to €51.6bn (US$74.8bn) largely due to positive investment returns, data from research company VDOS Stochastics revealed.
Contributions to the plans totaled €513m, while the funds' investments returned €2.8bn. In December, AUM grew by 2.3%. VDOS said: "December's increase was mainly due to €828m in contributions ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date