SPAIN - The Spanish government is set to freeze state pensions for 2011 as part of a package of measures aimed at reducing the country's ballooning deficit and send a positive signal to markets.
This is part of what the José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero's cabinet has agreed with the other governments of the European Union, in last weekend's EU Council emergency meeting following severe market p...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date