Spanish prime minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero said his country must overhaul its pension system, including raising the retirement age and changing the way payments are calculated.
In his annual state-of-the-nation address, Zapatero (pictured) said he wanted to raise the retirement age from 65 to 67 and would consider increasing the number of years of contributions used to ca...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date