US - Shareholders led by an Illinois pension fund have received $89.4m from Del Monte and Barclays Capital after being cashed out of a private equity buyout deal.
The lawsuit, which resulted in Del Monte paying $65.7m and Barclays paying $23.7m to shareholders, challenged the common practice by many deal advisers to simultaneously offer sell-side financing i...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date