US - Defence contractor Lockheed Martin warned 2012 profits could be hurt by unexpectedly high pension costs.
In its third quarter results, the firm said lower discount rates and the delay in the recovery of pension expense under government cost accounting standards has increased the expected pension expen...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date