IRELAND - Underfunded pension funds will have to meet new risk reserves which could add 10% to its funding requirements and will have the ability to use sovereign annuities under the proposed new funding standard.
The Pensions Board said it will re-introduce funding obligations by year-end after the Department of Social Protection announced changes to the way defined benefit schemes are funded. The existi...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date