US - The aggregate funded ratio in S&P 1500 pension plans increased to 75% in October from 72% in September, though much of the gain was wiped out at the beginning of this month, figures from Mercer show.
The rise in funded status is the largest one-month improvement since September 2010 when it improved 4%. In October, the increase was driven by an 11% gain in equities, partially offset by the cont...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date