FRANCE - Alcatel-Lucent reported a pension and other post employment benefit (OPEB) deficit of €1.2bn ($1.7bn) in the third quarter down from an overfunding of €49m at the end of June.
The firm said the deficit was driven by a drop in the discount rate of 70 basis points which led to an increase in obligations of €1.9bn, which was offset in part by an increase in plan assets of €...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date