The Pensions Management Institute has produced an industry guide to Covid-19.
The guide includes articles from a range of companies across the industry, including:
- What does the pandemic mean for long-term investors? - Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Pension administration: locked down but open for business - Barnett Waddingham
- Engagement implications of the COVID-19 pandemic - BMO Global Asset Management
- Coronavirus (COVID 19): the real test for Master Trusts? - Atlas Master Trust
- Wide will wear, but narrow will tear - Sackers
- Best pension practices during the COVID-19 pandemic - Equiniti
- COVID-19 and Master Trust providers - Hymans Robertson
- Investing in extreme conditions: using synthetic exposures to overcome the liquidity conundrum - Insight Investment
- Managing through COVID-19: a fiduciary management perspective - River and Mercantile Solutions
- Retiring in turbulent times: 10 steps to help members understand their options - WEALTH at work
- Unprecedented challenges and unprecedented responses - Dalriada Trustees
This week’s top stories included Aon findings that the number of defined benefit schemes employing a sole trustee model is expected to double by 2025, while Scottish Widows invested £2bn as the inaugural investor in BlackRock’s new climate fund.
Standard Life Aberdeen (SLA) saw its profits fall by a third in its first-half results as revenue fell, but redemptions from its strategies fell to the lowest level since the firm's blockbuster 2017 merger.
Phoenix Group has reported a £36m increase in group operating profit in the first six months of this year, as well as strong cash generation of £433m.
Aviva’s operating profit fell by 11% in the first half of the year as Covid-19 hit business activity, although a growth in bulk annuity sales partially offset the drop.
Coronavirus Blog: Scottish Widows extends easing of annuities applications; How to build cashflow strategies amid the pandemic
In this live blog, Professional Pensions brings together all the latest news on the industry's response to the coronavirus pandemic, as well as regulatory and legal updates.