Pension schemes significantly heightened their interest rate and inflation risk hedging in the second quarter of the year, according to BMO Global Asset Management.
Total interest rate hedging activity rose by 3% to around £43.5bn, while inflation hedging soared by 12% to £39.6bn, the asset manager's quarterly liability-driven investment (LDI) survey found. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date