A falling average quality of fixed income indices combined with intensifying competition for high-quality assets could make it more challenging and costly for pension funds using benchmarks.
More than $1trn of corporate issues have been downgraded since the start of Covid-19, AXA Investment Managers said, leaving high-quality assets in short supply while demand is rising. Over the l...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date