UK/ITALY - The Alitalia Italian Airlines Pension and Assurance Scheme has entered into a pension insurance buy-in with Pension Insurance Corporation with a deficit of more than £22m (US$33.7m).
Alitalia's UK scheme is currently within a PPF assessment period after the airline entered administration in 2008. At the time the company collapsed the Italian government owned 49.9% of the shares...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date