UK - Aegon is to close its defined benefit pension scheme to future accrual in March 2013 as part of its restructure and cost saving programme.
The life and pensions firm also plans to remove the link to final salary for calculating pension entitlement from that date. The scheme has been closed to new members since 2003. The Edinburgh-b...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Pensions
- Unlimited access to real-time news, analysis and opinion from the industry
- Receive our in-depth monthly magazine in either print or digital format
- Access our Sustainable Investment Hub covering news and opinion from thought leaders in the ESG space
- Receive important and breaking news stories selected by the Editors in our daily newsletter
- Hear from industry experts and other forward-thinking leaders
- Receive a monthly members-only newsletter with exclusive opinion pieces from leading industry experts and a feature from the magazine in advance of its release date